DeWalt DCD771C2 Review
A Compact & Lightweight Drill & Driver Kit
The DeWalt DCD771C2 Drill and Driver kit has been designed with a high performance motor through which you will gain 300 UWO (Unit Watts Out) of power. With this drill and driver, you will be able to complete a wide variety of applications. This DeWalt DCD771C2 aims to convince you why this drill and drive kit offers great value.
- XR Li-Ion battery technology is featured by this compact, latest generation 18 Volt drill and driver kit. As a result, battery charge cycles are maximized, overload protection is ensured and run time is increased. Two 1.3 AH Batteries are also included with this drill and driver kit.
- As mentioned, 300 UWO (Units Watts Out) of power are put out by this battery-operated drill. Unlike torque rating, performance of the drill will be indicated much better by this new rating. Basically, the drilling process is completed more quickly when the rating is high. This rating can be used during comparisons between this drill and other models from DeWalt.
- Two speed settings are offered by this drill and driver kit. Under no load condition, the maximum RPM that can be achieved by this drill and driver is 1,500 RPM. For low speed, somewhere between 0- and 450 RPM is delivered by it. A forward and reverse switch and variable speed are also featured by it for maximum control. The forward and reverse control button can also be used as a lock-off button. A torque adjustment collar is also present and you will be able to choose from 16 different torque settings.
- A 13-milimeter chuck and spindle lock with a single sleeve is featured by this drill. So, drill bits can be changed easily and quickly with one hand. For maximum control, this kit also has reverse switch, two speed settings and variable speed.
- The trigger has been designed quite intelligently since it makes it possible to have complete control of application. The torque control is adjustable to 16 different positions, so consistent screw driving is offered into a wide range of materials with varying screw sizes.
- The bright white LED that this kit is equipped with also comes with a delay feature, so flashlight functionality and visibility are improved. The ergonomic design of this drill and driver kit is much better than previous drills and drivers from DeWalt, and user comfort is further increased by the addition of a rubber grip.
- A charger is also included, to be used with the XR Li-Ion 18 Volt slide pack batteries. They are a part of the XR Lithium Ion Series batteries that have been design to be efficient and make applications faster.
Features & Specifications
- 1. This drill and driver kit has been designed to be compact and lightweight to fit into tight areas.
- 2. Two speeds are delivered by its high speed transmission for a variety of drilling and fastening applications.
- 3. Tight bit gripping strength is provided by its heavy duty ratcheting chuck, which has a 1/2-inch sleeve and carbide inserts.
- 5. This driver and drill kit comes with two 1.5 Ah 20 Volt MAX Compact Lithium-Ion Battery Packs, a charger and a carrying case.
- 6. The dimensions of this drill and driver kit is 13.9 inches x 9.9 inches x 4.3 inches (L x W x D), so it is indeed quite compact.
- 7. This drill and driver is also lightweight indeed since it weighs just 6.5 pounds.
PROS and CONS
- 1. Compact.
- 2. Easy to use.
- 3. Ergonomic design.
- 4. Good battery power.
- 5. No bit slippage.
- 6. Powerful.
- 7. Run time and tool life are both increased by its all-metal two-speed transmission.
- 8. DeWalt also offers a 1-Year Free Contract, 3-Year Limited Warranty and a 90-Day Money Back Guarantee with this drill and driver kit.
- 1. The charging system of this drill and driver kit has received slight criticism. Both the battery and charger need to be between 65-degree F and 75-degree F to be able to recharge the batteries.
- 2. The material that the carrying case is made is not the best and the flashlight is not very useful.
A total of 94 customers have already purchased this DeWalt DCD771C2 Compact Drill and Driver Kit from Amazon, and based on their reviews, it currently has a rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 stars. Out of those 94 customers, 66 of them have given this drill and driver kit 5 star reviews. So, it should make sense why this DeWalt DCD771C2 review is recommending it because it is very lightweight and powerful.