Dewalt DCK422kA Review- A Drilling Machine With Handy Features You’ll Ever Need. Who wouldn’t need a drilling machine that features multiple powerful tools? Dewalt DCK422kA drilling machine incorporates a cutting blade, an impact driver, a cordless head flashlight and a compact drill. For this, the machine can be employed in a variety of woodwork tasks making it versatile and ideal for any woodwork specialists. Over and above this, the drilling machine also has two chargeable NiCad batteries making it portable thus perfect for outdoor woodwork tasks. Which features sets the drilling machine apart from similar drillers? Read through Dewalt DCK422KA, Dewalt DCK422KA reviews below for insights.
Dewalt DCK422KA specifications.
- Structurally, Dewalt Dck422ka has what any woodwork specialist would ever want in a driller. For starters, an 18-volt cordless head flashlight produces light which would be required while working either in dimly lit places or at dark hours. This then increases the work hours when using the machine. Additional to this, the machine has an inbuilt 3-stage dewalt charging system which provides maximum run-time of the battery whilst extending the lifespan of the battery.
- Converse to other drillers, Dewalt DCK422kA has a 6-1/2-inch circular saw that has a capacity to deliver 3,700 RPMs making light of rip and cross cuts. While the saw only requires 18 volts, it has a bevel capacity that ranges between 0 to 50 degrees, and as such, the saw fits for a broad range cutting applications. Next up is an 18-volt impact driver that’s equally powerful. The driver can deliver up to 1,330 inch-pounds of torque. More so, the driver includes a variable-speed trigger that allows a user to speeds that range between 0 to 2,700 impacts-per-minute. This, coupled with presence of replaceable brushes that makes the driver durable and long lasting, makes driving into tight areas easy and less tiring.
- Worth mentioning too is the DC720 1/2-inch compact drill. The compact drill consists of a dual speed range; 0 to 500 RPMs or 0 to 1,700 RPMs. The dual speeds allows for step-by-step increment of drilling speeds to suit cutting task at hand. The drill has a 1/2-inch single sleeve ratchet chuck that’s exclusively intended for minimizing bit slippage. Below are the attributes and unique features of Dewalt DCK422kA. Read on.
- Warranty: 3-Year Warranty.
Dewalt DCK422KA Product features.
- Dewalt dimensions are 21.9″ x 13.6″ x 9.2″.
- Total weight is 21.6 pounds.
- Includes a 1/2-inch, 18-Volt DC720 compact drill/driver.
- Includes DW908 pivoting head flashlight, with an 18-volt capacity.
- Has a DC390 18-Volt reciprocating circular saw blade.
- DC825 18-volt impact driver with a 1,330 inch-pounds torque power.
- Two, DC9099 18-Volt NiCad Batteries.
- DW9116 1-Hour battery charger included.
- DC825 18-Volt impact driver.
- Primary colors black and yellow.
- 0-to-50-degree bevel capacity.
- A LED indicator on the battery for showing battery charge status.
PROS and CONS
- 1) With a 3,700 revolutions-per-minute speed capacity, the reciprocating circular saw blade is fast and effectual. The saw thus fits for making cuts at angles of 45 and 90 degrees.
- 2) It has a soft bag carrying case that secures the delicate parts during movements. The carrying case also helps in keeping different components safe without displacements.
- 3) Since the machine has inbuilt batteries and a included 3 stage charging system , the machine perfectly fits for working in areas that have no electrical power.
- 4) The cordless DW908 flashlight allows users to project and illuminate light in any direction depending on the drilling angle. Thus, you can work continuously even in odd hours or in poorly lit places.
- 5) The 18-volt impact driver features replaceable brushes that improves durability of the tool and subsequently extends tool’s lifespan.
- 6) The two 18-volt NiCad batteries can actually be used with any of the four tools included. This way, the tools can be interchanged to suit tasks at hand without needing to interchange batteries.
- 7) Even while it incorporates multiple tools, the machine is still of ideal weight to work with. The fact that the tools are detached makes each tool easy to handle.
- 8) A 3-year warranty guarantees that replacement of defective parts and repair services are at hand in case the unit you order has defects.
- The battery charge depletes fast especially when the tool works nonstop for a long duration.
It doesn’t include a hammer drill making it unusable for masonry works.
From the Dewalt DCK422KA, Dewalt DCK422KA reviews above, this machine has all the necessary cutting and drilling tools ideal for executing common woodwork jobs around the house or in a large scale wood cutting set-up. Even for all the tools included, the machine still has a fair price tag. Over all, Dewalt DCK422KA is a great buy.